Thursday, May 19, 2011

JUDGMENT.

this is LAWRENCE.
society see's him as the everday homeless man, drug addicted, criminal.. all kinds of judgment is thrown onto this soul.
I must admit even I judged him before i met him, it is easy to judge that is why we all do it but what we should do is get to know people before we judge them (..how cliche!)
The only reason i met him was because of my art major.. i wanted to capture how society puts the label 'crazy'on people (my major is on mental illness..BTDUBBS.)
I started off with a simple howdy and even he was shocked that some student, a respectable human of society, had parted from the rest of 'them' to say hey.hesmiled.
I could tell he was more than just a homeless person right from the word go, he was really great. i asked him if i could take photo's and he replied "can i pose" - the cheeky side of mr.lawrence.
I asked him about his story, just so i could have some background knowledge to put into my major.. turns out he was once a respectable member of society just like me and you and gave it all for his one and only GOD.
he said to me "you don't need posessions, all you need is your body, because your body is your home"
I thought that was quite great!
ANYWAY
we parted ways and he wished me luck with my major.

REMEMBER: JUST BECAUSE THEIR NOT LIKE YOU OR MYSELF, PEOPLE AREN'T SO BAD!
X.

No comments:

Post a Comment